Monday, April 30, 2012

The Selection Process

The waving trees outside, the wonderful weather, birds chirping, the quenching rain, the ecstatic lightning, mumbling voices, those happy faces.. All those things that we walk past everyday, that we take for granted. Little do we realise their importance until we're deprived of them.. until... it's exam time. *Drumroll*

Haha dramatic much? :P Well this is as much drama a pre-medical student preparing for his entrances gets in his life.. Okay, so for the record, I am a student who just passed his senior year at high school (hopefully) and is now preparing and giving his medical entrances. Anyone who has been through this phase knows how monotonous life gets around this time. One does not simply get into a medical college, yupp, that's right!

With giving medical entrance exam, there's more than just selection pressure on your plate. For an average Indian student like me with a family tree as big as an overgrown banyan, it's not rare to find obnoxious and anxious distant relatives building high hopes on you, and often taking your selection for granted. (I mean all of us have this uncle or aunt that has already started calling you by 'doctor' instead of your name).. And so by the time you get past 12th, the spotlight is on you, and everyone's waiting to watch the drama. It makes anyone want to 'screw it' and run away! With all the undue pressure, the enigma of selection process and amidst the great wall of books that surround you, it's easy to fall short on morale.
Correction: It's impossible not to!

So that's where I am right now, low on morale but not given up yet! It's 29 days to freedom and 29 days to prove myself to get into a college. And that's where this blog comes in. I'm working on the psychological part of my mind, I'm telling it that I'm going to get into a good college, and I'm going to become a doctor :P And I'm going to maintain this blog through the times..



I've wanted to write for a while now, and this will be my platform. For the next five years in medical college, I will capture my journey here. From a student who is yet unsure that he will get into college, to a successful doctor, the journey is going to be full of hurdles and adventurous challenges. It's a journey I've started and it's one that I've wanted all my life. Hell yes, this works! I'm motivated. Time for action. Watch this space, it's going to get better! That doctor in the picture is going to get a face soon, and it looks a lot like me ;)

0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Open to criticism, and hungry for praise,

Don't have a facebook ID ? No worries ! Comment below ! :D

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews